By Julie Clinton
• “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matthew 11:28-29).
• “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us” (Romans 8:18).
• “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:9).
1. Gerald May quoted in: Lucy Shaw and Eugene Peterson, Water My Soul: Cultivating the Interior Life (Vancouver, BC: regent College Publishing, 2003), 121.
2. C. S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain (New York: HarperCollins, 1996), 91.
3. Walter Ciszek, He Leadeth Me (San Francisco: Ignatius, 1973), 88-89.
4. Dan Allender, The Healing Path: How the Hurts in Your Past Can Lead You to a More Abundant Life (Colorado Springs: Waterbrook, 1999), 5-6.
10 Ways To Help Reduce Conflict in Your Marriage
Kids Need Barriers
Are You Too Busy to Pray?
Religion Without Relationship
Can You See God in Your Pain?
Use Chrome? Here's the RSS extension
Connect With Julie Clinton
Connect with Julie Clinton at EWomen
Julie Clinton M.Ad., M.B.A. Is president of Extraordinary Women and host of Ewomen conferences all across America. A woman of deep faith, she cares passionately about seeing women live out their dreams by finding their freedom in Christ. Julie and her husband, Dr. Tim Clinton, live in Virginia and are the parents of Zach and Megan, who is married to Ben Allison.
Dr. Tim Clinton
Dr. Eric Scalise
Dr. Joshua Straub
Opinions presented in blog content on www.drjamesdobson.org are solely those of the author. Blog content may only be reprinted or republished with the express written permission of the author and Family Talk.
All information presented on blog(s) is for entertainment purposes only. Neither the author nor Family Talk is providing medical, legal or other professional advice. You are reading and/or using blog content at your own risk. Inquiries may be sent to: email@example.com.
The Dobson Library
Copyright ©2017 Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk All Rights Reserved
Family Talk 540 Elkton Drive, Suite 201 Colorado Springs, CO 80907 (877) 732-6825
Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited.