Kay Cole James, president of The Heritage Foundation, asks in a recent article, "Why are wealthy left-wing donors across the country, the abortion industry, and national gun control groups more interested in your local school board and city council races than most of the people who live in your own town?"
She provides this answer: "Because they're funding efforts to ensure their far-left agenda pervades our entire society—from getting their abortion curricula into our schools to changing our election laws—and they want to make sure that no city, no town is left to stand against them."
So, what is our answer? We need to be involved. We have a spiritual obligation as Christians to be salt and light in our communities and we have a moral obligation as citizens to participate in culture, public policy, and yes…politics.
• Jesus didn't die on the cross, redeem and transform us to quarantine us from the culture. He came to save us so that we could permeate the culture.
• The Bible offers timeless and proven principles for life, relationships, marriage, parenting, and so much more.
• If you are a Christian, you have a spiritual obligation to be "salt and light" by seeking the good of your community.
• The Far Left's Strategy to Control Your Community (Kay Cole James)
• Our Obligation as Citizens
• Why Christians Belong in Politics and Culture