Our service men and women should never be attacked for exercising their own constitutional freedoms—the very freedoms they risk their lives to protect. And yet, that is exactly what is occurring.
The deceptively named "Military Religious Freedom Foundation" is asking the government to court-martial service members who have shared their faith, including Air Force Lt. Col. David McGraw and Col. Moon H. Kim. What was their "offense"? Lt. Col McGraw led worship services from the balcony of his military housing unit in Germany, and Col Kim shared John Piper's book, Coronavirus and Christ, with fellow chaplains. It is shameful that any individual or organization would seek to punish these men for their actions.
Twenty members of Congress have signed a joint letter asking the Pentagon to protect the religious freedom of service members. We applaud their efforts. Our friends at First Liberty Institute have also contacted Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, explaining the true meaning of the First Amendment and its robust protection of religious liberty.
We at JDFI strongly support the brave men and women who serve in our military and call on the government to vigorously protect their religious freedom! Please share this post on Facebook using the link below, and urge your representatives to protect religious freedom for all Americans.
• Our service men and women should never be attacked for exercising their own constitutional freedoms.
• The First Amendment was designed to protect religious freedom, not to stifle it.
• In November, we need to vote for representatives who are committed to protecting religious freedom for all Americans.
• Our service men and women should never be attacked for exercising their own constitutional freedoms (Facebook)
• Join the Dobson Policy Center group on Facebook