The Dr. James Dobson Family Institute (JDFI) is a Christian non-profit organization located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Founded initially as Family Talk in 2010 by Dr. James Dobson, the ministry promotes and teaches biblical principles that support marriage, family, and child-development. Since its inception, Family Talk has served families with broadcasts, monthly newsletters, feature articles, videos, blogs, books, and other resources available on demand via its website, mobile apps, and social media platforms. In 2017, the ministry rebranded under JDFI to expand its four core ministry divisions consisting of Family Talk, the Dobson Policy and Education Centers, and the Dobson Digital Library.
Dr. Dobson's flagship program, "Family Talk," is aired on more than 1,300 terrestrial radio outlets and numerous digital channels that reach millions of people each month.
Dr. James Dobson 45 Years Still Defending Family Values
To help preserve and promote the institution of the family and the biblical principles on which it is based; to seek to introduce as many people as possible to the gospel of Jesus Christ; and to promote the sanctity of human life, God-honoring sexuality, religious freedom, respect for the American founding; and righteousness in the culture.
1. We believe "Through wisdom a house is built and by understanding it is established." Proverbs 24:3
2. We will not allow ourselves to get so busy with the cares of life that we neglect our children.
3. We will make our voices heard regarding the impact of godly families - on our children and on culture.
Statement of Faith: We Believe...
1. In the Bible as the inspired, only, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. In the one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. In the salvation of lost and sinful men and women, and in regeneration by the Holy Spirit as being absolutely essential.
5. In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation; and
7. In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Overarching Ministry Distinctives:
1. To introduce as many as possible to the Gospel of Jesus Christ;
2. To protect and promote the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death;
3. To preserve and promote the institution of the family;
4. To preserve and promote the institution of marriage;
5. To preserve and promote parenthood and sound parenting;
6. To preserve and promote human sexuality as male and female with their unique and complementary characteristics;
7. To educate husbands, wives, fathers, mothers, and children and to give them Christ-oriented counsel;
8. To preserve and promote religious liberty as rooted in the dignity of humankind and protected by the First Amendment;
9. To encourage righteousness in the culture; and
10. To encourage respect for the American founding, its Constitution, the role of judges to interpret and not to make law, and the free enterprise system.